Terms & Conditions
1. These Terms & Conditions apply whether a contract has been made verbally, in writing, or other means.
The hirer is responsible for the actions of all passengers on board. Any additional costs incurred in completing the contract are the responsibility of the hirer, whether they actually travel with the party or not.2. All quotations are given subject to Buddys Travel having available a suitable vehicle at the time the hirer accepts the quotation. All quotations are given for both coach and a driver together. All quotations, unless otherwise stated, are valid for 7 days from date of issue. Verbal quotations unless booked at the time of quotation, are not binding. If you are not in the position to book immediately, we recommend that you request the quotation in writing.
3. The hirer can not assume the use of the vehicle between outward and return journeys, nor that it will remain at the destination for the hirer’s use, unless this has been agreed with Buddys Travel. Buddys Travel reserves the right to levy additional charges for any additional mileage, or time over and above that which was originally agreed. The charges will be pro-rata, in accordance with the booking confirmation.
4. The maximum numbers allowed on the vehicle is indicated on the vehicle. No standing passengers allowed. Drivers WILL NOT carry any extra passengers that go over the seating capacity of the vehicle. In the event of additional passengers, you will need to pre-warn Buddys Travel, who will then attempt to lay on additional, if required, and if successful, the additional vehicle/s will be at the full cost to the hirer.
5. Animals will not be carried, with the exception of guide dogs.
6. All Monies must be paid in full prior to the hire taking place, unless a deposit has be agreed by one of Buddys Travel managers. If any outstanding monies are due, Buddys Travel reserves the right to take the outstanding amount, at any time, from the original credit/debit card, which the hirer first paid. The hirer and/or credit card holder, fully agrees that a chargeback will not be raised on any credit card issuing company, with regards to any booking payment/s made.
7. All cancellations must be made in writing.
If the hirer wishes to cancel the hire 24 hours or later following a booking, all monies paid will be forfeited. Buddys Travel can send the hirer a credit note for the same value as the original booking, or reschedule the travel for a date of the hirers choice. This is subject to availability.
Once a Credit/debit card has been given to our company, this is for payment to confirm a booking only. Buddys Travel do not ask for or accept any credit/debit card numbers for any other reason than to book a vehicle. Buddys Travel Terms & Conditions can be found on our website, and copies can be requested by telephone.
8. In the event of an emergency or request by the hirer to vary the originally agreed conditions, Buddys Travel reserves the right to return all monies paid, without further liability, and cancel the contract. Buddys Travel may not be able to supply alternative transport upon this cancellation. In this event Buddys Travel will endeavour to assist the hirer by supplying contact numbers for other coach operators who may be able to provide replacement hire.
The hirer and passengers must have adequate travel insurance in the event of Buddys Travel unforeseen cancellations, to cover any unforeseen travelling cost, expenses, and losses. Travel insurance is freely available from most Insurance providers.
9. Buddys Travel may provide a larger vehicle than the size hired at no additional charge. Buddys Travel reserves the right to subcontract to another coach operator to cover the hire.
10. Unless the hirer has advised of a particular route or places to pass on the journey, which Buddys Travel will confirm on the confirmation letter, the route taken will be at the discretion of the company and/or driver. The vehicle will depart at the times agreed by the hirer, and it is the responsibility of the hirer to account for all passengers at those times. The company will not accept liability for any losses incurred by the passengers who fail to follow instructions given by the hirer.
11. Buddys Travel may give advice on journey times in good faith, but does not guarantee the completion of a journey at a specific time, and will NOT be liable for inconvenience or loss caused by breakdown, delay or other unforeseen circumstances.
12. Driver operating hours are regulated by law, and the hirer accepts the responsibly of ensuring the hire keeps to the hours and times agreed by the company. Neither the hirer nor any passengers shall delay or otherwise interrupt the journey in such a way that the driver is at risk of breaching regulations relating to the drivers hours and duty time. If any breach is likely to occur, the hirer will be responsible for any additional costs.
13. All vehicles hired are subject to restrictions on carrying luggage for statutory safety reasons. The driver shall be the sole judge as to whether property is carried. Buddys Travel will not accept liability for any damage or loss of property being carried on any vehicle. Buddys Travel will not accept liability for any damage or loss of property that is left on any vehicle after hire. Any items of found property that have been recovered from a vehicle, will be held at our offices. Full cost of collection is the responsibility of the hirer, or individual passenger. If the hirer, or passenger wishes to collect the property in person, an appointment with Buddys Travel must be made prior to collection.
14. The hirer should have adequate travel insurance in the event of cancellation by Buddys Travel so the hirer may claim for any unforeseen expense for losses. The hirer and individual passengers are recommended to obtain insurance for those items where, save for negligence, Buddys Travel’s liability is limited (such as delay of luggage).
15. The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle. Any passengers whose conduct is in breach of statutory regulations, will be removed on the drivers authority. The hirer will be responsible for all damages caused to the vehicle by hirer or passengers during the hire.
16. Complaints must be made within 7 days of the date of hire, in writing to Buddys Travel. Buddys Travel only accepts standard postal letters not recorded delivery. The hirer and/or card holder agrees that if there is a dispute regarding a booking, a chargeback request will not be raised through any credit card issuer or bank. The hirer and/or card holder agrees to have a fair independent hearing in a County Court if an agreement cannot be made between the hirer and Buddys Travel.
17. No bill, poster, or notice, is to be displayed on any vehicle without prior consent of Buddys Travel.
18. Under no circumstances may alcoholic drinks be carried onboard or consumed upon any vehicle without the express permission of Buddys Travel, in writing.
19. All minibuses and coaches are non-smoking, unless otherwise agreed by Buddys Travel.
20. The quotation given is based on operating costs at the date of the quotation. If more than 28 days elapse between the date of the quotation and the date of departure, the company reserve the right to pass on to the hirer any increase in the cost of fuel or any other increased costs resulting from Government action. Buddys Travel reserves the right to charge a valeting charge for any soiling or damage of vehicles made by the hirer or their passengers. Buddys Travel charges an additional £100 refundable sickness and damage deposit for any night time or late night hire. Any booking made by credit/debit card incurs a 2% bank charge unless agreed by a manager. This is a charge levied by the bank, and is outside Buddys Travel’s control.
21. The hirer must only request our services if they agree to these terms and conditions. If they do not understand any of these terms, they must contact us to answer any questions prior to making any bookings. Making a booking, and use of our services, is the hirer's full acceptance to these terms and conditions.
English Law – Orders are only accepted in that the Law of England shall apply to the contract arising from such an order, and to the determination of the rights and liabilities of the respective parties and in that no action or other proceedings shall be bought by either party in relation to such contract except in a Court of competent jurisdiction in England.
E. & O.E.